Glenwood Regional Medical Center to Resume Elective Procedures and Surgeries
Glenwood Regional Medical Center to Ensure Safe, Secure Access to Care Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
West Monroe- Glenwood Regional Medical Center, a Steward Family hospital, has resumed offering elective health care procedures previously delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. As part of its “Safe & Ready” program, Glenwood is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive high-quality, compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Steward Health Care’s early and robust preparation for the pandemic on a national scale allows it to proceed with an expansion of services to meet the needs of its patients and communities. Steward has collaborated with its world class physicians and developed protocols based on the latest clinical evidence to ensure the safety of patients and providers alike.
“From serious conditions to aches and pains, we know the health care needs of our patients and their families haven’t stopped,” said Jeremy Tinnerello, President of Glenwood Regional Medical Center. “That’s why our clinics and emergency rooms are open, and we are scheduling certain elective procedures. Coronavirus has presented us with new challenges, but Glenwood stands ready to meet all the health care needs of our community – in a safe, secure setting.”
Glenwood is adhering to a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care will take place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Our emergency department is organized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy will be continued throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy will be required.
Patients interested in more information should visit glenwoodregional.org or contact their physician’s office to inquire about scheduling a procedure.