Your health and safety are our top priority.
What to do if you're sick
Stay home except to get medical care
- Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to recover at home. Do not leave, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you get medical care. Be sure to get care if you feel worse or you think it is an emergency.
- Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- As much as possible, you should stay in a specific “sick room” and away from other people in your home. Use a separate bathroom, if available.
- Limit contact with pets & animals: You should restrict contact with pets and other animals, just like you would around other people.
- Although there have not been reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19, it is still recommended that people with the virus limit contact with animals until more information is known.
Call Ahead before visiting your doctor
Call ahead: If you have a medical appointment, call your doctor’s office or emergency department, and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
Monitor your symptoms
- Seek medical attention, but call first: Seek medical care right away if your illness is worsening (for example, if you have difficulty breathing).
- Call your doctor before going in: Before going to the doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them your symptoms. They will tell you what to do.
Find a clinic
NELA FAMILY MEDICINE
1900 NORTH 7TH STREET, W MONROE
NELA FAMILY MEDICINE IN MONROE
3995 STERLINGTON HWY, MONROE
NELA FAMILY MEDICINE AT CHENIERE DREW
1117 CHEINERE-DREW, WEST MONROE
INTERNAL MEDICINE AND PEDIATRICS
3995 STERLINGTON RD, STERLINGTON LA
FAMILY AND INTERNAL MEDICINE
102 THOMAS ROAD, SUITE 104
WEST MONROE, LA
Medical Supplies Donations
At Glenwood Regional Medical Center, we are humbled by the generosity of all who have inquired about donating medical supplies to support our staff and patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. Our medical supply chain team has worked diligently to procure necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our health care workers who are on the front line. As COVID-19 continues to spread, and with the increased global shortage of supplies, GRMC is now gratefully accepting donations of needed supplies.
Donations must be in unopened, original packaging and in accordance with approved hospital standards. At this time, we are not accepting house made supplies.
Requested donation categories include:
- Disinfection Wipes & Liquids
- General Purpose Hand Cleansers
- Disposable Head Covers/Caps
- Disposable Gowns
- Disposable Gloves
- N95 Respirator Face Masks
- Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs)
- Disposable Face Masks
- Face-shields/Goggles/Safety Glasses
Donations can be delivered:
- By Mail to: GRMC (Attention to Materials)
503 McMillan Road
West Monroe, LA 71291
- In person (with scheduled delivery)
Please do not drop off. To schedule a drop off time/location, contact Jennifer Thomason at 318-329-4001 or by emailing [email protected].