BONE BUILDING EXERCISE
AND FRACTURE PREVENTION
Lunch and Learn -
Sherri R. Betz
DPT, GCS, PMA®- CPT
Did you know that 1 out of every 2 women and 1 out of every
4 men have osteoporosis and are at risk for breaking a bone?
Find out about the latest research on the best and worst types of exercise
for preventing bone loss and building bone density. You can prevent bone
loss and falls through proper exercise, alignment and physical activity!
• Bone Building Principles from the latest research
• Risky moves to avoid to prevent fractures
• Foot and knee alignment for decreasing knee pain
• Balance exercises for fall prevention
• Weight-bearing and strength training exercises
All of these principles will help you to decrease pain to
be able to exercise safely so that you can begin to add
weight and resistance for bone building exercises.