Glenwood Regional Medical Center Maternity Ward & Trusted OB Nurses
The Women’s and Children’s Pavilion at Glenwood Regional Medical Center boasts 6 private labor and delivery suites, as well as a 10-bed post-partum facility. In addition to the featuring all of the medical technology you could need, every patient room has:
- TV that offers healthcare information
- Cable channels
- Free in-room movies
- Relaxation videos
- Complimentary internet access is also available throughout the LDR suites
Maternity Ward Amenities
- Labor and Delivery tours
- Highly trained OB nurses on call 24 hours a day
- Dietary consultation for moms with a registered dietician
- Hearing screening testing for babies
- Infant CPR
- Videos and learning materials about your baby’s first year
- Safe Place® Security Solution (Postpartum, OB & Ped Units)
- New playroom provided by Shelby’s Wish Foundation
- Complimentary diaper bag with formula
- New daddy scrubs for new dads
- Complimentary steak dinner
- Free breastfeeding, infant care and childbirth classes
- Merchant Coupons
- Online Nursery
Our birthing suites are staffed by friendly and helpful nurses, all of whom are trained in breastfeeding and able to offer assistance if needed. More than half of our nurses are certified in inpatient obstetric nursing, low-risk neonatal nursing, and neonatal intensive care nursing, with an active goal of 100%.
What Is Safe Place® Infant Security?
Once your healthy new baby is born, infant security is our next priority at Glenwood Regional Medical Center. Currently, we are the only hospital in West Monroe to offer the Safe Place® Infant Security solution. Safe Place® offers proven protection against child abduction. A soft, flexible RFID band is attached to your baby’s ankle, which transmits information wirelessly to an automated system. If the system recognizes that the infant has been brought close to an exit door without authorization, doors lock automatically, an alarm sounds, and nurses and staff are notified instantly. When it comes to security and protection, no company rivals the features Safe Place® offers.
Does Glenwood Offer A Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)?
Should your baby experience any complications, Glenwood Regional Medical Center is home to one of the finest Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Units in the West Monroe, LA area. The NICU is staffed with highly trained neonatal physician specialists, nurse practitioners, and nursing staff. If you do need the services of our NICU team, you’ll find that the quality of care is rivaled only by first-rate communication. As a part of our services, we promise to keep you as informed as possible about your child’s condition.