Visiting Hours & Information
Glenwood Regional Medical Center welcomes families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital. We understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care. Visitation will not be restricted, limited, or otherwise denied based on: race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
General hospital visiting hours, including ER, Rehab and Skilled Care is considered open, but may be limited at the discretion of the patient or family and also based on the condition of the patient. Flexible visiting hours are available. Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room during tests and treatments.
ICU/NICU Visiting Hours
- 9:00 AM – Noon
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 9:00 PM – Midnight
CVICU Visiting Hours
- 9:00 AM – Noon
- 8:30 PM - Midnight
We kindly ask that visitors are limited to two at a time inside ICU patient rooms unless special arrangements have been made with the patient’s nurse. Comfortable waiting areas are provided nearby.
When visiting patients in the ICU please follow these guidelines:
- No cell phones or photography allowed.
- Only immediate family members or significant others are allowed to visit in the ICU
- Due to increased risk of infection, children under the age of 12 are not allowed to visit
- Please limit visits to 15-20 minute increments.
- Patients may be asked to leave for periods of time due to complex patient care, procedures or emergencies.
- Patient has the right to refuse visitors.
- Please do not visit if you are coughing, running a fever, or have signs of illness.
- To protect the privacy of all of our patients, please do not visit in the ICU hallways
Free parking is located near all of the hospital entrances. The Women’s Center entrance offers a convenient covered pull through area for patient drop off and pick up.
Visitor Waiting Areas
The hospital provides spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas throughout the facility. The surgery family waiting area provides coffee service. Vending machines offering a wide range of snack foods are located in all other family waiting areas. Wireless Internet access is available through out the hospital for access in family waiting areas, and patient rooms.
Our Cafeteria is located just past the main lobby and provides a wide range of daily healthy selections for breakfast, and lunch including daily hot entrees, grill and a variety of desserts.
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sandwich Shop Open: Sunday through Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Gift Corner is located in the main lobby on the first floor and is staffed almost entirely by Glenwood Regional Medical Center Volunteers.
Hours of operation are:
- Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
- Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 2:30 P.M.
- Sunday 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
The gift shop offers an assortment of gifts, flowers, magazines, candy and beverages. Most major credit cards accepted. Call-in orders are welcome and we’ll even make deliveries to the patient’s room for you!
The Glenwood Regional Medical Center Chapel is located to the right of the main lobby on the first floor. Patients and their families are welcome to visit the Chapel anytime.